I'm Mandy, a mother of a handsome handful of a toddler. I'm the wife to a relocated Jersey boy at heart for almost five years. I'm a "youngster" in "Corporate Legal America." I'm one-seventh of a dynamically loud and loving family. I'm a woman with newly-diagnosed hypothyroidism, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Metabolic Syndrome trying to find a course of treatment that works. I'm a twenty-something trying to find her way on a journey to discover faith, friends and fitness. Most importantly, I'm me. I'm just trying to figure out who that is exactly...

Monday, August 1, 2011

Cristian's Cruisers...

Autism is the fastest growing developmental disorder in the United States.  Autism affects about 1 in 110 children and on July 11, 2011, my son became one of them.  Cristian was diagnosed with PDD-NOS, a high-functioning autism spectrum disorder.

If you are in the Milwaukee area, please consider walking with us on September 11.  If you are not in the Milwaukee area or will not be able to walk, please consider donating at: http://www.active.com/donate/DylansRun2011/cruisers.

By participating in this event, we are helping to change the future for all families that struggle with autism by raising money to find answers and by raising awareness about the devastating toll that autism has taken.  Perhaps even more importantly, this event will help Cristian and so many other young children understand that they are not alone, thereby assisting in maintaining a positive outlook on life.  It is my personal goal to ensure that my son does not need to worry about how people might perceive him, but instead to know that he is supported and understood by those around him.

Together, we will find the missing pieces!  Thank you for your consideration.

Hey...you!  Please donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment