I'm Mandy, a mother of a handsome handful of a toddler. I'm the wife to a relocated Jersey boy at heart for almost five years. I'm a "youngster" in "Corporate Legal America." I'm one-seventh of a dynamically loud and loving family. I'm a woman with newly-diagnosed hypothyroidism, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Metabolic Syndrome trying to find a course of treatment that works. I'm a twenty-something trying to find her way on a journey to discover faith, friends and fitness. Most importantly, I'm me. I'm just trying to figure out who that is exactly...

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Define "Plus-Size"....


This is Crystal Renn.  She is a beautiful model who is well-known around the world.  I do not hold that against her.  I do, however, hold the fact that she is known as "plus-sized" against her.

She is not plus-sized.  Anyone who thinks that she is plus-sized should be rudely awakened from their dreams.  The media for letting people believe she is plus-sized should be ashamed of themselves.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to plus-sized...

I am plus-sized.  I always have been plus-sized and always will be plus-sized.  Even though I am losing weight, I will still be plus-sized.

I am round and proud.

I am not trying to lose weight to be skinny.  I am trying to lose weight to be healthier.  Let me get that straight right now.  I am not a skinny girl ready to break free from my shell.  I have hips and curves that I know how to use and would be lost without them.

The fact of the matter is that this is why there are eating disorders in this world.  Girls are being raised (by the media) that she is plus-sized.  And unfortunately, in our society, there is a stigma that plus-sized equals laziness, overeating and sloth.  Never do we think that there are genetics involved.

That is why I am writing this blog.  To prove that plus-sized bodies deserve plus-sized (and not narrow-minded) beliefs.  If I have even changed the mind of one person, I have fulfilled my purpose.

<3m

1 comment:

  1. i couldnt have said it better myself. i have struggled a lot with my weight. i have been down on myself for not being able to buy clothes at many "normal" stores. but i have come to realize that i have curves and they arent going anywhere. as a matter of fact, i dont want them too...and neither does glynn :) thanks for sharing your thoughts. i love reading!

    ReplyDelete